High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) and Race School
Road Race and Time Attack Competition Licensing School
WCMA/ASN Canada FIA Sanctioned Event
Unleash your inner speed demon and learn high speed driving skills with Winnipeg Sports Car Club’s HPDE. Take yourself and your car almost to the limit over 2 full days of track time at Gimli Motorsports Park 1.33mi road course! Whether you have an intent on racing competitively or just want to see what your car can do, this is the best way to safely learn to drive your vehicle to its maximum potential!
Typically held the first weekend in May each year. School consists of a single evenings of classroom theory and two full days of track time. This the only accredited high performance driving school in Manitoba and is a prerequisite to acquire a competition licence for Time Attack or Road Race events.
Registration is only open to 42 registered entrants. Entry fee $325 and includes a 1yr WSCC membership.
Business owners: We will gladly customize a school to suit your needs. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more!
Classroom Session: May 3rd, 2017 (6:00 pm to 9:30 pm)
Track Sessions: May 6 & 7, 2017 (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
2017 Registration: NOW OPEN!
–> Click here to register! <–
– Full, valid Driver’s License (or substantial carting experience with a learners permit)
– Daily Driven Street Car (you do not need a sports car)
- Vehicle maintenance should be up to date
- Vehicle must be dimensionally wider than it is tall!
- Convertibles welcome if they have factory or aftermarket installed roll protection
– A plastic tub for your belongings and contents of vehicle
– A current SNELL “M” or “SA” helmet
- SA is strongly encouraged
- SA helmet mandatory for all vehicles with factory or aftermarket installed roll protection
– Car Control
– Basic Car Prep
– Appropriate Driver Gear
– Flags and Related Visual Aids
– Drafting and Passing
– Rain Racing
But, what about the all important track time?
You’ll be at the track for 8h each day completing these exercises:
– Swerve and Avoid Challenge
– Figure 8
– Race Line and Alternate Line
– Drafting, Passing and Simulated Race Starts
Oh! And a whole lot of laps!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to register.